stayed for 1 night October 2012. Check in was very efficient and staff were lovely. Room exceeded our expectations enormous bed large room and a walk in shower as well as a bath. Evening meal started off poor with being left at the door to the restaurant with no one to greet us. The food was exceptional but the wine was extortionate. Lovely breakfast again left waiting to be seated but the food was of an extremely high standard. Agree with a previous comment plates so hot but food luke warm. Used the spa facilities which were lovely although had to wait half an hour to get into the pool due to high numbers. On the whole a lovely stay and would definately go again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District