just got back from a cracking 3 day stay at the old engalnd hotel in bowness on windermere ,i could not ask for more .the staff were the best and always had a smile .nothing was to mutch trouble even when i asked for some milk at 5 am so i could make a cup of tea brian the night manager and his team were there .the day staff as well could not do enough .if you in the lakes and want a nice hotel that gives a 5 star service this is the one .the food was 2nd to none like the service .i look forward to going again .thanks to all .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District