I stayed here with my boyfriend last October for 4 days and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
The rooms were very clean and well presented, there were tea making facilities, dressing robes, all the little things. The scenery from our room was fantastic, we could see the massive flower garden and beyond that the lake.
It was sunny the whole time we were there which made the experience better than I expected.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, the food was so nice and we had an evening meal on one night (which is quite expensive) well worth it though!
The lounges and spa were very nice , I was in the steam room and sauna most of the time! The indoor pool was a nice size. I didn't go to the spa part but I can imagine it would have been good.
On departure I was given a heavy discount to come back in February which I would of done happily but couldn't make it.
If I was visiting Windermere again I would stay in this hotel. One thing I forgot to mention the hotel is in a fantastic location, it's in a village that has plenty of history, shops and food, a lot to keep you entertained x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District