We had booked a room with lake view for 2 nights on our way home from Mull and it proved to be an excellent choice. Having read one or two 'concerns' about parking, this was totally stress free as the car was valet parked for us and, when leaving in pouring rain, we were helped with loading up. The room was first class, clean and well appointed and the promised view of the lake was just as described. We ate in the Restuarant on our first night - food was excellent as was the attention of the polite staff. The breakfast service and variety on the menu was also very good. A first class hotel, I am sure we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District