We recently had a lovely two night break away here. The staff were always very friendly and really helpful. We were upgraded to a suite room with a lake view which was lovely. The hotel is in a great position right opposite the lake. The breakfast was very nice with a wide choice. Big bar area. The only small downside was the banging of the other hotel room doors which do bang when shut, could be heard throughout the night. However, would definitely stay again, couldn't fault it otherwise! lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District