We stayed in this well established hotel right on the lake at Windermere for just one night DBB. Parking is restricted near the hotel although they do offer valet parking and there is a huge hotel car park 100 yards away.
Our room was magnificent for the price and felt like a small suite with fantastic lake views and a big comfy bed.
The dinner in the evening was truly wonderful fine dining and good value. Sadly breakfast did not live up to the very high dinner standards, the service was very slow and the quality of food quite average. However the staff in general were very helpful and smiling so this poor finish to our stay did not detract too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District