Fabulous service & staff at this beautiful lake side hotel. This is our second New year here. We did not book the New year package as our girls are 9 & 13 & wouldn't really like the 6 course meal. The hotel is spotless throughout & nothing is too much for the staff. The spa & pool is beautiful, we spent many hours in there. The hotel is in the best position in Bowness next to the passenger cruisers & the shops. We are looking forward to our new Year break in 2014 already. May even take another break soon. Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District