Just come back from an over night stay on Saturday 18th January. We where given room 231 which was a nice room apart from the only view you had out side was through a sky light window that you had to climb on a chair to look out of lol!
The tv in the room had no signal which we reported to reception and on the second time of reporting to reception some one attended our room and sorted the issue out.
On Sunday we where gobs smacked with the view over the lake as you sat in the dinning area where you had breakfast. Nice coffee and toast where provided straight away.... Then it took 20 minutes for our breakfast to arrive after asking the waiter... We felt like the couple next to us had been given ours by mistake within 5 minutes of them sitting down and then ours had gone on the missing list!
Would we go back...? Yes we would as it is a lovely hotel and bang in the centre to go looking around Windermere...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District