Stayed here on the Saturday evening for my partners birthday and everything from start to finish was simply perfect.
The hotel is really easy to find and is well signposted from all routes. There are a limited number of disabled parking spaces right outside the main entrance with all other parking in the hotels own car park a short distance away. We left our car outside the entrance upon check in and used the free valet parking - amazingly well organised and much easier than trying to find a space yourself.
The reception staff are efficient, friendly and genuinely pleased to greet you. The valet parking, like I said above, is really well organised and I would imagine a must in summer months when it starts getting busier.
The building itself is quite large and every part that we saw was in excellent condition. Our room was lovely but we did have a suite so can't comment on the standard rooms. From what we could see though they looked equally as good. Large bed, mega comfy and a great nights sleep had.
Would strongly recommend booking on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis as this proved to be excellent value and the food was amazing. £40 allowance per person (food only) for dinner was more than enough and both of us had three beautiful courses which we thoroughly enjoyed. Breakfast is freshly cooked to order so no stale buffet to worry about. Service was also excellent and no issues at all during either meal.
Check out was just as easy as check in. Asked for our car, paid the bill, packed our bags and came downstairs to be greeted with a smile, car keys and car outside waiting. Brilliant.
Will definitely stay here again as love the area and cannot recommend this hotel enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District