my partner and i stayed for 3 nights last week feb 17th. this is a really lovely hotel right by lake windermere. we got a winter warmer break which works out about half price. but the room was quite small with no view, just a small window at the top which you had to stand on the window sill to see out of! that is my only gripe but maybe you get what you pay for? the staff and service here are outstanding and a credit to the hotel. they cant do enough for you and always with a smile. car valeting too! i would stay here again most def if i could have aroom with a view :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District