My husband and i visited the Spa at this hotel and that is review for another day but before leaving we called in to the Terrace Bar for some lunch. Nice surroundings , obviously think they are something special, pleasant staff but dreadfull , overpriced food. The couple on the next table where in a discussion with the Duty Manager as their hot food was inedible , we tried the sandwiches , what a mistake . £7 for cheese and pickle sandwiche, i don't think so ; wouldn't have minded if they had been of a good quality but the bread was dry , cheese thinly sliced and describing 2 pieces of soggy lettuce as with salad is taking the micky. Avoid this overpriced hotel , far better eating places to be found in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District