Just returned today from staying over night at the old England for my anniversary surprise booked by my boyfriend. From the moment we arrived everything was first class and I was totally besotted with the hotel and it's surroundings. The location couldn't be better right on the lake and tucked into a street just off the main road running through Windermere with lots of local amenities on its door step. Our room was huge and the bed was to die for! A large bathroom... All spotlessly clean. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant, steak was amazing then had a drink or two in the bar whilst sat looking across the lake in beautiful surroundings. Can't wait to return and to use the spa next time. Would recommend highly for those wanting a romantic getaway in a traditional setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District