Stayed here and also enjoyed a meal one evening as well as breakfast. The whole place is really a throwback to another time but if you like that kind of thing and are willing to pay for it then they do a great job. Very professional reception and everyone was very nice.
The hotel does its bit as well, beautiful location and were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the lake. Again worth the money.
They do offer a good deal for two nights stay with evening meal, breakfast and an afternoon tea which would be great value but just be careful its not available Friday Saturday Sunday. The hotel website gives an illusion you can book it on the Thursday but you can't and it's no cancellation/refund. Just mentioning as it did leave a sour taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District