As Mother of the Bride,my family,friends and other guests have just spent an amazing 3 days at this hotel. Our journey began 12mths ago when after viewing several hotels, my daughter & her fiancé decided this was to be the place for their wedding. We have throughout that time liaised with Michelle, Kim & Kelly (Hotel Wedding Co-ordinators) who made all the necessary arrangements. Each guest booking with the hotel had a Lake view which was stunning,upgraded rooms are also superb,decorated with the very best contemporary furnishings. The wedding service ran like clockwork, after drinks,canapés and photographs on the lawn then later the wedding breakfast. The staff had worked hard to turn the room round and tables were decorated beautifully. We were also provided with the most professional and friendly toast master, Alan. There were a few small hiccups but they were resolved efficiently and we were more than happy with the outcome. A boat trip that had been arranged ran to time and the procession down to the pier was led by the Toast Master.The evening reception ran like clockwork and was great fun, our barman was professional and ran a good bar, supper was delicious. I'm not sure who arranged for the Red Arrows to fly over but it was well timed at 9.00pm,the sun shone for 3 days continually, all in all fantastic. We have converted some guests who have never been to the Lakes to return at some other time. So, well done Macdonald Old England and thank you to all your magnificent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District