Went for a rainy day in windermere to enjoy the spa. Left feeling refreshed and pampered. Staff were excellent and customer service outstanding. Food was quite nice with an amazing view of the lake. Spent hours in the pool and enjoyed the ice room! Car was valet parked which really added to the experience. The treatments were so relaxing and tailored to the individual. To really make the experience special - there is a lovely covered terrace with direct access from the pool overlooking the lake - it is screaming out for a hot tub/jacuzzi! An investment definitely worth making . Thanks again for a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District