3,218 results
All reviewsold englandfeature roomvalet serviceterrace barexecutive roomice roomlake viewrelaxation roomlovely hotelcar parkcooked breakfaston arrivalsauna and steam roomafternoon teablack puddingevening mealshort break
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Came for 1 night for my husband's birthday. Parked in Glebe Rd car park £15. Short walk to hotel. Arrived around 2pm. Luckily room ready. We had the balcony exec room. Great views. Staff very friendly. Happy & attentive. Went around few pubs before returning to hotel about 8pm. Very quiet in the lounge. Decorated pretty for Christmas. Breakfast was plentiful. Sat looking out to the lake. Stunning. Staff very polite, friendly and happy. Constantly asking if you wanted more toast or tea etc.. would stay here again. Unfortunately no time to use spa facilities.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

First of all the rooms are pretty over hyped and over priced in my opinion. As I checked in I found my room was clean but my bathroom toilet flush was not at all working....informed the staff...reception...housekeeping...multiple times...no one came to check...until we gave way and managed somehow for 2 nights.
Breakfast was good and location was good too.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the lake and not having a partial view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Somnath4795
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I write this to express my total disappointment with this hotel.
It was my treat for my husband. Ordered champagne for the room much to my disappointment this had not been expedited phoned reception still did not arrive.
On entering the room, no fruit no dressing gowns housekeeping very poor.

The view was amazing over Windermere. Paid extra for a balcony furniture dirty not pleasant.
Breakfast was so bad. Broken chairs service poor. Every item on the plate was well over cooked and inedible.
The next morning worse told the restaurant manager and she said sorry we are busy.. No excuse.

On departure I spoke to the duty manager and she said no one else had complained..

Spoke to the manager and he said he would look into the issue and get back to me he never did.
Two nights cost me £464 it seems if you are on a coach party you get better treatment.
I have stayed in many Macdonalds hotels and would never stay here ever.

Room Tip: Room 22 if you choose to stay there
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank rose w
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We had a nice stay here in a lovely room in Nov 2016. We mistakenly left a credit card and phone charger in the room and our repeated enquiries about these items were continually ignored and we never got a reply. So disappointing.

1  Thank Jk_and_georgi
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Nice and relaxing. Rooms were nice, hotel was nice and relaxed. Pool was nice. Breakfast nice.

Not so nice £9.50 for a baileys coffee, yup £9.50!!!!! Hence only the 3 stars. Ruined my Christmas :)

Note, There is a £20 valet parking charge.

2  Thank Scott C