This is a hotel that is worth the money, especially in the lake district. Having stayed in other hotels locally and paid far more, we were very impressed at the Macdonald. The room was huge as was the bathroom. Nothing was a trouble for any of the staff and the breakfast , which we had in our room was lovely. We paid extra and ordered cooked, but in reality the continental is sufficient. We ate in the restaurant on the night time and just wore smart clothes and that was sufficient. The staff, especially the bar staff were very knowledgeable and all courteous. The hotel is central and the views from the back of the hotel and restaurant are lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District