An old fashioned hotel with good levels of comfort and cleanliness and friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast was good, and the restaurant was good for dinner as well (but with a somewhat restricted menu). It is in a superb location just on the edge of the mere in Bowness. Our room had an excellent view of the lake.
The biggest draw back is that the car park is on a separate site about 100 yards from the hotel and can get very crowded on Friday and Saturday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels. Set on the shores of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and exceptional facilities. From unrivalled views over our mature lawns, to private jetties and moorings on the lake - our hotel proves a popular choice for family holidays. Our hotel in Cumbria is perfect for country adventures - hire a private jetty on our lake and marvel in the glorious scenery we have on offer. And once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District