“By far the best food in bowness”
Review of The Two Egg Cups - CLOSED

The Two Egg Cups
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic place not only is the food great but it feels so welcoming.
If you want a breakfast before a days walking. DO NOT go anywhere else !!!

1  Thank Angtwin74

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Walking through bowness today and came across the two egg cups. We were welcomed when we walked through the door and made to feel good straight away after what had been a tiring day. We both had homemade soup which was served very hot with a warm roll. That filled us up but we still found room for a homemade scone with jam and cream. Excellent food and very attentive service,we will definitely go back.

2  Thank bess1961
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We had been to this cafe 10 years ago when we first went to Bowness together so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane. Menu much improved from then - yummy filled ciabattas, specials, all day breakfast and much egg related items and soup and sandwich combo. At the end of the day it is a cafe - so if people are expecting a gourmet meal based on the five star reviews, then they might be disappointed, but it's very rare to find a place which does everything so right.

Both Hubby and myself went for the soup and sandwich - they were freshly made and came with a salad garnish, our son had a sandwich from the childrens menu and a hot chocolate. Owner was really nice - when we arrived we were squashed into the last table, but as soon as another family left he insisted we move to a more spacious one.

Quirky little books with campervan recipes and some pottery available to buy as well.

If you are looking for an unpretentious lunch or snack with friendly service then I can definitely recommend The Two Eggs.

2  Thank joaniebinedinburgh
Reviewed 10 December 2013

After reading the other reviews we made a beeline for this café and were a little disappointed. The staff were lovely but the food was mediocre. To be honest I wouldn't eat here again, sorry.

1  Thank Zena36
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I came here by accident! - I fancied a breakfast and was intending to try the Alpine resturant as I was at the top of Bowness, but I was put off by a very rude owner before I had even stepped accross the threshold. Prior to that I was in a good mood, but she really quite shocked me, so I went down the hill and found this little gem and was pleasantly surprised.
The staff were friendly, welcoming and chatty -they clearly understand excellent customer service - ALPINE owners should come and take lessons from this couple!
I had the full english and it was first class - no grease, good portion, well cooked and presented. I'm fussy with coffee and the chap (owner) went out of his way to do it how I liked it, "If it's not right let me know and I'll do it again" - the coffee was great first time, but that's service for you! I will be back - my partner's a veggie, and the one on the menu looked great so I'll bring her to try it.

2  Thank happyhippo2014