“A lovely stay”

Lindeth Fell Country House
cumbria
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I wanted a hotel with a single room which are few and far between. The Lindeth Fell has 2. I had the one on the second floor and was absolutely delighted with it. Beautifully furnished with a large shower bath and spotlessly clean. I could not fault it. The hotel was very welcoming with a lovely open fire and very attentive staff. My bag was carried up to my room for me. I was given all the information I needed regarding dinner and breakfast times. I came down to dinner at 7pm and was greeted with a menu full of wonderful choices. My table for one had a view over the lake and attentive but unobtrusive service. My melon starter was just the right size followed by a very tasty cherry sorbet. The main was pork fillet cooked to perfection. Dessert consisted of tiny doughnuts with a vanilla panna cotta, strawberry sorbet and strawberry soup. Delightful. All this was followed by a very tasty decaf coffee and chocolate covered kendal mint cake. The whole one night stay was superb. Breakfast was just as tasty as dinner. I am a porridge fan and my bowl came with cream and honey - just perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

me and my partner stayed at this hotel one night only as a part of our visit to the lakes. such a great location and beautiful views overlooking the lakes. staff were very friendly and the management was excellent very friendly people.. when we first arrived the manager lady was very organised and she gave us all the details about the area..she also offered us to have the key for the night if we were to come back after 11.00pm.. the room was as we expected very clean overlooking half of the lake and half of the gardens.. it was old fashioned decorating which we liked because thats shows the real character of this house.. our room had a modern bathroom.. room was very cosy and warm and bed was comfy..we didnt try dinner so cant comment on it but breakfast was nice and healthy, good selection of hot and cold breakfast and the waiters and waitresses were very polite and professional.. we will definitely come back for the summer..
Zeynep&Simon

• Stayed April 2013
London
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is an incredibly special and welcoming hotel, which went out of its' way to make an initimate family lunch to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday into something that, in her words, she "will remember forever".

Many others have mentioned the extraordinary position, and the stunning house. The dining rooms are filled with light (even on a grey day!), and the food is exceptional - as well as very well priced.

The Kennedy's make the experience so personal, scatterng mini 90's and "Happy Birthday" table decorations, on the table (with less than 24 hours notice, and with no special request to do so), and generally making us feel very special indeed.

Having come here for lunch, I am now looking forward to coming back to stay here with my husband!

Thank you so much to the Kennedy's (I hope you will see this) for making today's lunch celebration an absolute triumph.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
wales
Reviewed 15 April 2013

we stayed here in March and were looked after really well by the owners. the food is second to none and the welcome and warm friendly atmosphere made us feel we were friends visiting rather than paying guests. there was a problem with the water pipes which made a noise in our room and had developed during our first afternoon, the owners moved us to another room to sleep that nigt and when the issue was sorted we were back to our original room which was comfortable and larger.
as we had a problem we were given free drinks in the evening of our second day and some tea and shortbread biscuits which was a really nice gesture on the part of the owners.
we will certainly return here for a visit and will look forward to it very much.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I've stayed here three years running now, and I don't know of a nicer or better value small hotel anywhere in the UK. The Kennedys and their staff are utterly delightful. Nothing is too much trouble, everyone is extremely efficient, and there is an atmosphere of welcome and calm civility as soon as you walk in. It is in a most beautiful spot, overlooking Lake Windermere with the hills of Coniston behind it ,and and the garden is spectacular. The food, both at breakfast and later in the day, is consistently good in an unpretentious way with generous portions, and the wines are varied, well chosen and extremely good value. Some of the bedrooms are quite small, but the there are two extremely nice sitting rooms downstairs, one with a spectacular view and with some unusually interesting books to read. It has won many awards, both locally and nationally, and it absolutely deserves them. I strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: There are only 2 single room, and only one ("Loweswater" not "Derwent"), I think...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Richard C
Caroline E, Manager at Lindeth Fell Country House, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Richard C,
That to me says it all – guests that return to stay! What a lovely read, thank you!
We always look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Fell.
Best wishes,
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a short break at Lindeth Fell. A fabulous location with amazing views. The owner Sheena & her family are super hosts that cater for your every need. Expect to have your every need catered for but take some comfy clothes as the food is so good your waistline may expand during your stay.
The room was so clean & the views amazing. We stayed in Rydal room & the view was lovely.
Thank you to Sheena & her family and a special thank you to her staff. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank ClareM4
Dear ClareM4,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We are very lucky to have the most amazing views!
The chefs are superb and we are very proud of our hardworking housekeeping team.
Hopefully we will welcome you back soon.
With best wishes,
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

I first visited Lindeth Fell around 2 years ago and have not had the opportunity to repeat it since, spite visiting the wider Cumbria area at least monthly (work commitments dictate hotels in other areas). Then, it was excellent. I was therefore anticipating my return, and was not disappointed. It remains superbly well run, spotless, quiet and very welcoming and professional. It is a credit to its owners and its staff.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ajm123456789
Dear Ajm123456789,
Thank you for such a lovely review.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.
With best wishes,
Caroline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Storrs Hall
Storrs Hall
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Lindeth Fell Country House? Share your experiences!