“30th Wedding Anniversary stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lindeth Fell Country House

and 1 more site!
Lindeth Fell Country House
Yorkshire
“30th Wedding Anniversary stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We had booked this hotel stay a number of months in advance. Despite several changes (right up to the very last moment) the staff were ever obliging and helpfulness itself. As this was our 30th wedding anniversary I had several key requirements to make sure it would be perfect. Each time the team at Lindeth were there with answers and solutions.
We had booked the hotel based purely on the recommendations here on Trip Advisor, they were to prove not quite correct. The drive to the hotel was absolutely beautiful, taking in some of the best views and routes available in the UK.
When we turned into the driveway of the hotel our collective breath was taken away, stunning does not do the surrounding gardens justice, they would rival anything you see at any stately home or the Chelsea Flower Show. The colours and layout were just eye watering. We pulled up to one of the prettiest hotels we have ever stayed in and even though a few hours early went to enquire if we could leave our car to take a walk around. The owner stated, 'your room is ready for you to check in' and was helpful beyond belief. We booked in and then went up to our room. Due to the anniversary, we had been upgraded to a truly gorgeous room 'Windemere' the room itself was immaculate and well appointed. The bathroom could only be beaten cleanliness wise by an operating theatre, with soft white towels and bath robes. After settling in, we changed and then went downstairs to have a look around and then take a planned to walk into Bowness. We were given very clear directions and a map from the owner and informed that a casual walk would take around 30 minutes (this estimate was spot on). Whilst at the hotel we purchased a print of the hotel as a memento of the occasion, done by a local artist. I was also informed that the flowers I had organised for my wife had arrived and would be in the room for our return. We took the suggested route down along the lakeside and on into Bowness, there was only one stretch that was not on a path or kerb, but as it was in a 30 MPH zone was okay.the rest of the way was well signposted and easy to follow. The sun was shining brightly and the walk was enjoyed, even the uphill section on the way back to the hotel. Arriving back at the hotel and on entering our room a huge bouquet was there (cue first set of tears from my wife) on the dressing table. After showering we went down for dinner and was shown to a table set aside from everyone that was candle lit and scattered with red love hearts. The food which was part of the price was absolutely superb, despite a limited choice on the menu it was brilliantly presented and tasted even better than it looked (the chefs are not paid enough). There is a large choice of wine, with something to suit every pallet and price, we had a beautiful South African White which went really well with my fish and my wifes duck. I distracted my wife momentarily and placed her surprise gift (a diamond ring which I had organised with the jewellers to say would be delayed) on her place mat, cue second set of tears. After a truly excellent meal we retired to the lounge and had a cup of really excellent coffee and some mints. Going to our lovely room we were greeted with our curtains drawn, our bed turned down and red love hearts all,over the bed. This was a really nice touch and totally unexpected, cue third set of tears. The bed was large and very comfortable providing a lovely nights sleep, this saw us waking refreshed and ready for the day. After a superb breakfast at our very own table from the previous night we took a walk around the gardens. It would not surprise me if they had been designed by Capability Brown, with nooks, crannies and little paths going everywhere. There was clever chip and putt course, croquet pitch and a beautiful little Tarn, this sadly had no decent sized fish left due to predation by Otters and Herons. Despite this, it was really peaceful there and very tranquil and a lovely little feature. I really cannot believe that this hotel only has 3 stars, it was truly stunning and we were blown away by our whole experience. The staff were helpful beyond belief. The place was immaculate from top to bottom. The room was well appointed and the lounge, dining room etc were very pleasant with plenty of space. The views were out of this world and beautiful beyond words. The food was absolutely top class, combined with an excellent wine list making for excellent dining. There were absolutely no negatives or bad points that we found or noticed, apart from our stay was far too short. Our next visit to the Lake District will see our return to Lindeth, only if this hotel was fully booked would we now consider looking at other hotels. I cannot thank the Hotel owners and staff enough for making our 30th anniversary so special and so memorable. my wife and I will never forget our stay at this glorious hotel and we are already looking at dates to return there. Pease take my advise and book into this hotel for a top class experience, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshireTony121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bracknell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had afternoon tea here on Sunday as part of my hen weekend and it was fabulous. Loads of sandwiches, cakes and scones - which were all delicious and the staff were lovely. At £12.50 per person it also felt like really great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We have just returned home after a wonderful weekend at Lindeth Fell & can't recommend it highly enough. The evening meal was 'out of this world' and served in a dining room with magnificent views. We had one of the master suites which was beautifully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. All the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was a memorable one. It made a very pleasant change from the impersonal hotel chains we often use. We will definately return and will be recommeding Lindeth Fell to all our friends. Exquisite! Delightful! Perfection! Thank you all so much.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed a Lindeth Fell as a family for one night in the Rydal and Haweswater rooms, the Haweswater had the most amazing views and was decorated to a high standard. The hospitality shown by the owners was second to none, warm and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was just lovely, very attentive staff and beautiful views over Lake Windemere. This was a special weekend for us, we were so pleased we had chosen to stay at the Lindeth Fell. Will definitely return I have even picked out the rooms for next time!! Thank you for a memorable weekend.

Room Tip: The Haweswater for the views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Ilkley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights on a DBB basis and were so impressed by the care and attention shown to us. Standards are high and attention to detail is evident wherever you go. We stayed in a superior room at the back of the hotel. It was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The only reservation was the fact that you couldn't open the wardrobe doors fully because of the bed. The hotel is family run and it felt very homely without being overbearing. Soft furnishings are of a high quality as was the furniture. If you want peace and quiet in congenial surroundings, then this is the place to be. Staff are extremely courteous and attentive. Most of the guests were of an older type but country house hotels appeal to such people who appreciate good food, comfortable rooms and excellent service; they just keep coming back for more! Food was delicious with a dinner menu that changed daily. Views from the restaurant are outstanding as it overlooks Lake Windermere.

Room Tip: Rooms sizes vary, so best to ask before you book. Superior may be the bigger ones compared to class...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmacq101
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I wanted a hotel with a single room which are few and far between. The Lindeth Fell has 2. I had the one on the second floor and was absolutely delighted with it. Beautifully furnished with a large shower bath and spotlessly clean. I could not fault it. The hotel was very welcoming with a lovely open fire and very attentive staff. My bag was carried up to my room for me. I was given all the information I needed regarding dinner and breakfast times. I came down to dinner at 7pm and was greeted with a menu full of wonderful choices. My table for one had a view over the lake and attentive but unobtrusive service. My melon starter was just the right size followed by a very tasty cherry sorbet. The main was pork fillet cooked to perfection. Dessert consisted of tiny doughnuts with a vanilla panna cotta, strawberry sorbet and strawberry soup. Delightful. All this was followed by a very tasty decaf coffee and chocolate covered kendal mint cake. The whole one night stay was superb. Breakfast was just as tasty as dinner. I am a porridge fan and my bowl came with cream and honey - just perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

me and my partner stayed at this hotel one night only as a part of our visit to the lakes. such a great location and beautiful views overlooking the lakes. staff were very friendly and the management was excellent very friendly people.. when we first arrived the manager lady was very organised and she gave us all the details about the area..she also offered us to have the key for the night if we were to come back after 11.00pm.. the room was as we expected very clean overlooking half of the lake and half of the gardens.. it was old fashioned decorating which we liked because thats shows the real character of this house.. our room had a modern bathroom.. room was very cosy and warm and bed was comfy..we didnt try dinner so cant comment on it but breakfast was nice and healthy, good selection of hot and cold breakfast and the waiters and waitresses were very polite and professional.. we will definitely come back for the summer..
Zeynep&Simon

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Linthwaite House
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House
#3 of 20 in Windermere
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,286 reviews

Been to Lindeth Fell Country House? Share your experiences!