Lindeth Fell Country House
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$303
US$281
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$268
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$253
Hotels.com
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$193
Agoda.com
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$277
US$171
TripAdvisor
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
HotelQuickly
All reviewskennedy familyafternoon teameringuemarmaladelake districtdecanter of sherrytarn howsnespresso machinefluffy towelsnothing is too much troublewedding anniversarysingle roomon arrivalevening mealhotel is beautifulwarm welcomecomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The last time we were in the Lake District we stayed at a different, although thoroughly wonderful, hotel that was fully booked this year. I did a bit of research, TripAdvisor, and found Lindeth Fell. We were not disappointed. The staff/service are wonderful. We had dinner in the restaurant all three nights we were there and thoroughly enjoyed everyone. Breakfast was also just fine. The rhoodendron were in full bloom so the gardens were real visual treat. This is truly a wonderful place to stay and if we return to the Lake District, this will be our choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I rang here last minute to reserve cream tea for 4 of us. The lady that answered the phone was so friendly and hospitable despite it being the 'great north swim weekend'.
She arranged a table with a fabulous view and for £13.50 per person served copious amounts of tea (of which there were several choices) homemade cake, scones, sandwiches, cookies, shortbread and other belly busting things! The staff were very friendly and professional and the surroundings reminded me of an Agatha Christie novel. I loved the place but have to say you need time and a rather large appetite! Couldn't fault it!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Vickystan1978
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had booked this hotel stay a number of months in advance. Despite several changes (right up to the very last moment) the staff were ever obliging and helpfulness itself. As this was our 30th wedding anniversary I had several key requirements to make sure it would be perfect. Each time the team at Lindeth were there with answers and solutions.
We had booked the hotel based purely on the recommendations here on Trip Advisor, they were to prove not quite correct. The drive to the hotel was absolutely beautiful, taking in some of the best views and routes available in the UK.
When we turned into the driveway of the hotel our collective breath was taken away, stunning does not do the surrounding gardens justice, they would rival anything you see at any stately home or the Chelsea Flower Show. The colours and layout were just eye watering. We pulled up to one of the prettiest hotels we have ever stayed in and even though a few hours early went to enquire if we could leave our car to take a walk around. The owner stated, 'your room is ready for you to check in' and was helpful beyond belief. We booked in and then went up to our room. Due to the anniversary, we had been upgraded to a truly gorgeous room 'Windemere' the room itself was immaculate and well appointed. The bathroom could only be beaten cleanliness wise by an operating theatre, with soft white towels and bath robes. After settling in, we changed and then went downstairs to have a look around and then take a planned to walk into Bowness. We were given very clear directions and a map from the owner and informed that a casual walk would take around 30 minutes (this estimate was spot on). Whilst at the hotel we purchased a print of the hotel as a memento of the occasion, done by a local artist. I was also informed that the flowers I had organised for my wife had arrived and would be in the room for our return. We took the suggested route down along the lakeside and on into Bowness, there was only one stretch that was not on a path or kerb, but as it was in a 30 MPH zone was okay.the rest of the way was well signposted and easy to follow. The sun was shining brightly and the walk was enjoyed, even the uphill section on the way back to the hotel. Arriving back at the hotel and on entering our room a huge bouquet was there (cue first set of tears from my wife) on the dressing table. After showering we went down for dinner and was shown to a table set aside from everyone that was candle lit and scattered with red love hearts. The food which was part of the price was absolutely superb, despite a limited choice on the menu it was brilliantly presented and tasted even better than it looked (the chefs are not paid enough). There is a large choice of wine, with something to suit every pallet and price, we had a beautiful South African White which went really well with my fish and my wifes duck. I distracted my wife momentarily and placed her surprise gift (a diamond ring which I had organised with the jewellers to say would be delayed) on her place mat, cue second set of tears. After a truly excellent meal we retired to the lounge and had a cup of really excellent coffee and some mints. Going to our lovely room we were greeted with our curtains drawn, our bed turned down and red love hearts all,over the bed. This was a really nice touch and totally unexpected, cue third set of tears. The bed was large and very comfortable providing a lovely nights sleep, this saw us waking refreshed and ready for the day. After a superb breakfast at our very own table from the previous night we took a walk around the gardens. It would not surprise me if they had been designed by Capability Brown, with nooks, crannies and little paths going everywhere. There was clever chip and putt course, croquet pitch and a beautiful little Tarn, this sadly had no decent sized fish left due to predation by Otters and Herons. Despite this, it was really peaceful there and very tranquil and a lovely little feature. I really cannot believe that this hotel only has 3 stars, it was truly stunning and we were blown away by our whole experience. The staff were helpful beyond belief. The place was immaculate from top to bottom. The room was well appointed and the lounge, dining room etc were very pleasant with plenty of space. The views were out of this world and beautiful beyond words. The food was absolutely top class, combined with an excellent wine list making for excellent dining. There were absolutely no negatives or bad points that we found or noticed, apart from our stay was far too short. Our next visit to the Lake District will see our return to Lindeth, only if this hotel was fully booked would we now consider looking at other hotels. I cannot thank the Hotel owners and staff enough for making our 30th anniversary so special and so memorable. my wife and I will never forget our stay at this glorious hotel and we are already looking at dates to return there. Pease take my advise and book into this hotel for a top class experience, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireTony121
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had afternoon tea here on Sunday as part of my hen weekend and it was fabulous. Loads of sandwiches, cakes and scones - which were all delicious and the staff were lovely. At £12.50 per person it also felt like really great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We have just returned home after a wonderful weekend at Lindeth Fell & can't recommend it highly enough. The evening meal was 'out of this world' and served in a dining room with magnificent views. We had one of the master suites which was beautifully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. All the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was a memorable one. It made a very pleasant change from the impersonal hotel chains we often use. We will definately return and will be recommeding Lindeth Fell to all our friends. Exquisite! Delightful! Perfection! Thank you all so much.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple