“Loved It!!!!”

Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
leeds
“Loved It!!!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Cannot wait to go back! We loved the hotel, the food, the staff, the room, everything...!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Lindeth_Howe_CHH, General Manager at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2011
Dear mhig,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe. We are thrilled you loved it and can't wait to come back. Keep an eye out on our website for some amazing offers coming up and hopefully you will be able to come back sooner rather than later.

I have passed on your kind compliments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Shrewsbury UK
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Being an ex-chef my experience of the world mainly rotates around food and gastronomic experiences. This weekend my world was rocked. I enjoyed what had to be one of the finest “fine dining” experiences I have ever had in the UK - Given I have eaten at many of London’s top eateries that is as big a compliment as I can give and nowhere near the compliment the food at Lindeth Howe deserves. From the taste packed gems of the Amuse Bouche in the bar pre dinner through the amazing Trilogy menu [message to the chef - don’t ever stop serving this] through to the handmade petite fours with coffee in the bar after the meal – everything was a taste sensation a total of 18 different taste sensations – 2 amuse bouche, 3 fish, 3 beef, 3 sweets, 3 cheeses 3 petite four and a sorbet in there for luck my taste buds are still aglow days later – oh and before you panic there is not too much nor too little – perfection. Also it has an excellent wine cellar to match.
As for the rest of the hotel – apparently it was owned by Beatrix Potter’s mum – dear Beatty bought it for her and apparently a tiny character called Tommy Tippytoes was conceived [in the literary sense] in the house.
The view of Windermere from the lake view rooms was beautiful, the accommodation was sumptuous, comfortable and clean – as to the previous reviewer who suggested it was reaching its makeover date I would simply say the word “character”; the place is excellent and the decor is perfect for where and what the house was and is. It certainly trumps many of London’s finest 5 star sterile modernist offerings.
The staff could not have been friendlier. Attention to detail was in the fabric of the place and the work ethos, these were genuine people who appeared to love their jobs.
Would I go again? Interesting dilemma that! I was not to enamoured of the tourist hell they call Bowness or Windermere luckily the hotel is just far enough away from both to be able to ignore them if you wish. However I will certainly return to this hotel purely for the gastronomic delights, the warm welcome and the relaxing country house atmosphere that takes you away from the stress of the modern world.

Dear Still_living-Life,

Thank you for your outstanding review of Lindeth Howe. It is always a real pleasure to see guests enjoy our fine dining experiences especially impressing fellow caterers. I have passed on your amazing comments to our team whom are thrilled to bits.

We are so pleased you noticed our team are genuine and really do love their jobs. We do work hard to ensure we exceed guest expectations and we are really happy we have succeeded.

We are situated a mile south of Bowness on Windermere and away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk into the village at your leisure.

I do hope you return to Lindeth Howe soon and try out our new menu, which we are presenting next month. Please keep an eye on our website for some amazing offers and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We also booked a Travelzoo Special - and what a SPECIAL! On the dining experience alone this was so worth it - simply superb 5 course Dinner (courtesy of their French Chef) - great attention to detail in the restaurant, quiet yet efficient, friendly and courteous service at all times. I’m on a Gluten Free diet and was greeted on arrival with a GF afternoon tea – scones, sandwich and cake! ! |Instead of asking what I could eat on the menu – I was told that Chef would just make anything I wanted on the menu Gluten Free– and he did! I’ve never eaten so well! The lounges are extremely comfortable and welcoming - big log fires and numerous plumped up cushions add to that cosy feel - it took a day or 2 to relax into the hotel mode - just gentile, unhurried attention - fab! Don't expect 'boutique' or even 'shabby chic' in the guest rooms - decor is strictly classic country hotel style (as you would see in any hotel chain) but the public areas are just so, so comfortable and the food is just so, so good! Lindeth Howe Country Hotel is a great location for a walking or romantic break (10 minutes through the garden and we were on the lake at Bowness on Windermere) - lovely views from some of the rooms too. Standard rooms were definitely on the ‘small side’ so if you’re planning more than a night or 2 – go for a larger room. Wi-Fi connection was spot on. The swimming poool was perfectly adequate for a half hour daily dip - lovely and warm too - bit of a bonus really.
My only negative (and this is a Management issue I think) and it did let the hotel down in my opinion because it is so easily rectified - scuff marks just about everywhere seem to be accepted - on the walls, paintwork, skirting boards (particularly in the 2-3 guest rooms we peeked at) - it just gives the impression that lovely though the house is - no-one REALLY cares - and I thought that was a real shame - the restaurant (and it's staff), having set such a high standard warranted better.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear bazildonbond,

Thank you for your fabulous review of Lindeth Howe. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The team we have at Lindeth Howe are fantastic and do try and exceed all our guests expectations and so pleased you felt this was the case.

I am really sorry you feel “no-one REALLY cares” in fact we love the property as our own and we are constantly working to improve the maintenance of the house and are currently in a progression of upgrading all our bedrooms.

I do hope you will keep an eye on our website for some amazing offers and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Short break of only 2 nights.
Check in was efficient with the form already completed with data given at time of booking.

The room was spacious with views over the small duck pond and the Mountain Goat van park.
The package we booked included a bottle of wine and having chose red at the time of check in was somewhat surprised to have it delivered to the room. Felt like an alcoholic carrying my own bottle down to dinner!
I fancied a beer after travelling but to find someone to serve was a challenge and my wife had time to unpack and make tea by the time I returned.

Dinner was "OK" and did not quite deliver the expectation sown by the menu and previous comments. Portions are the norm for modern restaurants with a smear here and a morcel of veg hidden by the main event. We like lots of veg so we ordered extra, an option on the menu, but the veg was watery and bland.
My wife ordered beef the second night and asked for it to be re-cooked as it was tough, perhaps the cut? I had ballatine of chicken which was very tasty let down by the veg.
There are a couple of places where the wallpaper was beginning to depart from the wall at the seams in the dining room and some of the grouting in our bathroom had cracked and fallen out.
The staff were friendly and attentive but do not want a drink quickly if outside expected hours.
There are lovely open fires in the bar and lounge and the hotel is well situated for touring the Southern Lakes.
It was good value overall and would return if the same package was available.

Dear Indimenticabile,

Thank you for your review of Lindeth Howe. The package you booked included a bottle of wine in your room on arrival, this is why your wine was delivered to your room. I am sorry you felt finding a member of our team a challenge we have people 24 hours a day to anticipate our guests needs and I am sorry we missed this on your occasion this is not our usual standard at Lindeth Howe.

We are very proud of our food and we feel so sorry you didn’t mention anything to us at the time to enable us to rectify the issues you have raised to alleviate your disappointment.

I do hope your disappointments do not deter you from returning to Lindeth Howe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Leicester
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at Lindeth Howe for three nights and we thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay. The house is beautiful and extremely well maintained. Furnishings and fittings throughout are of lovely quality. The public rooms are comfortably large with log fires and views over Windermere. The furniture is arranged sensitively so that couples and small groups of friends are able to relax in relative privacy.

Our room was a large superior double, complete with two armchairs, full desk, a king size bed and a view over the lake. Everything was spotless; there were robes provided and good quality tolietries were in plentiful supply. Tea and coffee making facilities likewise contained an excellent range of quality drinks and biscuits. The room was very quiet and we enjoyed excellent sleep quality. There was free wireless internet access in the room and in public areas.

I used the pool and the sauna - the pool was large enough for recreational swimming; it was very clean and the water was of just the right temperature. The sauna is just off the pool room, and is large enough for four adults. There is also a small fitness room with basic equipment - treadmill, exercise bike and rower - all in working order.

We were hugely impressed with the food - thoroughly enjoying breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner each day. Every dish was of the highest standard with superb service throughout - nothing was too much trouble.

We would certainly like to return again to this hotel; we felt pampered and enjoyed a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Recuperation,

Thank you for your excellent review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please keep an eye out on our website for some amazing offers.

I have passed your lovely compliments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Just back from spending the most wonderful weekend in the lakes staying 1 night stay at this hotel. It was a travel zoo package that I booked and it absolutely fantastic value for money. The staff were really helpful and friendly, one tiny criticism is that the chap serving afternoon tea was a little stretched and could have done with a extra pair of hands.

We arrived at the hotel just after 10.30 am and our room was available immediately which was brilliant. We had a bottle of wine in the room included in our package and we were asked if we preferred red or white, 5 mins later it arrived complete with wine glasses. We spent the day out and arrived back at 4.50pm thinking that we may have missed out on the afternoon tea included in our package but no we had this in the lounge with lovely views of the garden. The scones were delicious and still warm!

We were booked in for a 5 course dinner in the evening. We were sat in the lounge again and given menus, we ordered our starter and main course then were presented with yummy little canapes to enjoy before being taken through to the dinning room for dinner. I counted 6 courses without tea or coffee and it was all amazing and fantastically presented.

The next morning we enjoyed a delicious cooked breakfast and enjoyed another lovely day in the lakes before heading home.

The hotel itself was beautifully presented with a very cosy drawing room and lounge to relax in. The grounds were well kept and I imagine would look stunning in the summer. I will be looking out for deals to this hotel again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury weekend break to the lakes.

Leeds
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night as part of a package deal that included a cream tea and an evening meal.

The staff here are extremely friendly, helpful and polite - from arrival to departure we were made to feel extremely welcome.

The room was very great, it was very clean and the bathroom was modern.

The only complaint was from my partner who said that she would have preferred to have a duvet rather than sheets.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening - the room was very nice and the food was excellent.

I would stay here again and would highly recommend it to others

Dear p1980g,

Thank you for your fabulous review of Lindeth Howe. We are thrilled you enjoyed our hospitality from arrival to departure including room and food being excellent. We are now in the process of introducing duvets into our bedrooms including some new beds and fabrics, it would be lovely if you would be able to return soon to enjoy our new standards.

I have passed your very kind compliments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Hotel General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Linthwaite House
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!