My wife and I spent a night at Lindeth Howe recently when we went for a short getaway break in the Lakes. We chose it on the basis of other Tripadvisor reviews, and are glad we did. The staff were friendly and attentive (particularly Maggie in reception), though not too informal, and the room was comfortable and felt special enough (especially with views of the lake) without being too ostentatious. The spa and pool is small but still very nice (although may have been less pleasant if the hotel was busier). The food in the restaurant was superb - fortunately justifying the slightly higher than average prices. Overall, this is not somewhere to stay if you're looking for a budget break, but you get what you pay for and on that basis we can highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District