We travel to the lakes a lot, at least once a month and pass the hotel drive and never once visited. My wife booked this on a Travelzoo offer (DBB plus bottle of wine and small afternoon tea) for this weekend and I'm glad she did as this was exceptional value. The staff are friendly and helpfull, the rooms wonderfully clean and spacious and the food is fine dining at its best.
The hotel is very relaxing and quiet, couldn't fault it or the staff and how can anyone give this hotel and average or poor rating but hey, can't please everyone and I'm glad they're in the minority. More a reflection on them I say.
Look for offers directly on the hotels website as well as the discount sites particularly at off-peak periods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District