We had a really nice stay at this hotel for 4 nights. The room was good and clean, the gardens were superb and the restaurant was amazing. We had 4 very good meals, beautifully presented and very well cooked. Also the breakfasts were first class with a great choice and really yummy fruit. The service was also first class. The portions were not large but with 5 courses we felt we had had plenty to eat. And with the good breakfast the following morning who wants to overeat in the evening so you can't do justice to the breakfast. I would definitely reccommend this hotel and would go again. The only thing I would complain about was that the bedroom was too warm and we couldn't open the windows due to rediculous health and safety regulations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Lastminute, Superbreak UK and TravelUp so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District