After a horrendous journey driving through torrential storms we finally arrived at Lindeth Howe and was greeted by welcoming staff and shown to our very comfortable room.The evening meal was superb and served by courteous staff who knew how to serve which might sound silly but we are sure that people will understand as in some hotels it seems that staff are not sufficiently trained .On opening the curtains the next morning we were greeted with sunshine and a spectacular view. The breakfast was good and the afternoon tea a delight, sitting in the gardens just enjoying the wonderful ambience.
We booked this break through Secret Escapes and was a bit dubious as it was our first time with them, how wrong to even doubt. The whole weekend from arrival to departure was an absolute joy made extra special by the lovely attentive staff, the skill from the kitchen staff with their food and of course the beautiful hotel and grounds and the surrounding areas that just lifted your hearts. How could anyone not enjoy being there,we loved every minute and will definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, HotelsClick, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District