On the 22nd to the 24th July we had a weekend break here, and as a Travelzoo special we were a little sceptical as to what it would be like, well we need not have worried because the hotel itself was charming, the staff were superb in every department from check in, lounge, retaurant all the way to check out.
As it was a Gourmet offer again we were sceptical, but worry not the food was superb on both nights, and again the staff were never pushy but always around should you require anything at all.
I would really recommend this hotel and will certainly go again in the future.
Thank you Lindeth Howe for a super stay.
Colin and Vera Hardy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Agoda, Superbreak UK and TravelUp so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District