Breathtaking views added to the ambience of a warm summer evening when we celebrated a friend's birthday at this Country House .
From the start our visit flowed with a quiet charm .Drinks served on the lawn with yummy canapés ,then into the dining room for our meal .
The dinner was excellent from start to finish ..we asked for smaller portions and received them from efficient and friendly waiters
Because of the lovely weather we were fortunate enough to have coffee outside while watching a pink and peach sunset over the hills
Truly an unforgettable evening ...just as if we had been at friends for dinner
Yes e I'll go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District