Our second visit, where this hotel offers charm and character, avoiding the business of Windermere. It offers a cosy, country charm which for me is very relaxing. We had the taster menu which was delicious, admittedly we are foodies and enjoy experiencing new tastes and treats. The staff are professional and pleasant.
There is, as other reviewers have mentioned, the Beatrix Potter connection is tastefully presented and not commercialised like Windermere sadly appears to push in your face everywhere you go....There is a pool which is an added bonus and treat for a country hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Lastminute, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District