“Afternoon tea for two”
Review of Lindeth Howe

Lindeth Howe
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Bought my mum afternoon tea for two voucher from activity superstore for her birthday.
On arrival the hotel looked closed. After opening the front door we entered a hall and we were unsure what to do. There was no reception desk just an office.

We were told to sit in any room
When the waiter came he was polite and friendly but not very well informed about the entitlement of the voucher (going away twice to ask).
The food was very good and well presenred. Variey of sandwiches, crisps, fresh scones, brownies, tart, muffin and tirimisu shot.

My mum would have liked a fresh pot of tea but there was no one to ask and the waiter never checked to see if everything was alright.
After sitting for a long time we had to go back to the office to ask if they needed the voucher.

The kitchen staff are doing a good job, pity about the front of house.

• Stayed: September 2013
TonyHolden, Manager at Lindeth Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Hello Ann B
I’m sorry to read your review I have passed your comments on to Sunil our Restaurant Manager who assures me that all our team will be up to speed with all aspects of the Food and Beverage Department.
Best wishes
Tony Holden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Due to an accident I have walking problems and use a mobility scooter. Rooms 1 & 2 are on the ground floor easily reached through a separate and flat access and are ideal for my needs, the rooms are large enough to easily house my scooter without it being obtrusive, I even take it to the dining room door and we are given a suitable table just inside.
Being on the ground floor the rooms are a little darker and obviously don't have access to the same views as higher rooms but they are well appointed and have a very useful bathroom.
I can only endorse other writers in there praise of the hotel and the kindness and thoughtfulness of all the staff and have no hesitation in fully recommending this hotel

Hello Fishpond100
It’s with great pleasure that I read your review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel.
I have passed on your great comments to the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the Hotel very soon.
All at Lindeth Howe

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Had three nights here to celebrate wedding anniversary. Room was good; staff and food were excellent and very good value. We will be back, but will not wait for the next anniversary.

PS Ignore Satnav when travelling there for first time.

Hello Peter C

Thank you for your great review of Lindeth Howe. I have passed on your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
All at Lindeth Howe

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as 3 couples for a friends 50th and it was fabulous. The rooms were very large and comfortable the view from the top floor of the lake stunning. The food was some of the best I have ever eaten, the staff couldn't do enough to help and were very pleasant. They made the evening special by cooking a special birthday cake to our requirements. Breakfast was cooked for you and was very good none of that buffet rubbish!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim S
TonyHolden, Manager at Lindeth Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Hello Tim S
Thanks for you FANTASTIC review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. I have passed on you great comments to all at the Hotel.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary. It is in a lovely spot, and has nice gardens. Our room, 107, was very comfortable with good views out to the lake.
The staff were extremely kind and even gave us a card for our anniversary.
The best thing was the food, which was scrumptious. Delicate portions, but packed with flavour and beautifully presented.
We did not try the swimming pool, so can't comment on this.
We would definitely recommend this for a relaxing night or weekend away.

Room Tip: Don't think you can do much better than 107. Room 118 was a bit noisy, seemed to be over a gener...

Dear Barbieb
It`s great to hear that you have had a wonderful time with us at Lindeth Howe Hotel, I have passed on your comment about the Restaurant to Rob our Head chef who is thrilled that you have enjoyed his creations. And we all look forward to welcome you back to Lindeth Howe in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Visited this superb hotel to use voucher for tea for two given to us by son and daughter in law and what a treat it was could not fault the hotel at all the lounge where we had tea was super big arm chairs lovely garden views mind we could not see the lake as stated on web site but he ho we have visited the lakes many many so know what Windermere looks like the grounds are well kept staff very polite at all times now for the tea we were given menu to choose which Sarnies we would like I choose prawn and hubby cheese with hotels own pickle when our 3 tier cake stand arrived I was amazed along with Sarnies there was crisps, warm scones jam cream, chocolate brownies,lemon drizzle cakes tiny strawberry tarts and tiramisu shots needless to say we could not eat it all (only left Lemmon drizzle cake) all in all a superb place to go .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello margaret60
Thank you for your review of Lindeth Howe Country House, it great to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea so much and I have passed on your comments to Brice our pastry chef, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The hotel is beautifully situated and is what it says a country house hotel where you are made to feel at home from the moment you enter the door. This hotel is suitable for people of all ages. On this occasion my husband and I had a short break in the Westmorland Suite which was really nice. A very spacious suite modern in design with a huge bathroom. A large and extremely comfortable seating area with all of the highend extras that you would expect and more. Absolutely perfect for a Bride and a wonderful honeymoon suite with lake and garden views.

The Potter Suite is a modern design in the original part of the house and as such has wonderful windows, one of which you can sit in, and just get lost in the amazing view of the lake - it is wonderful. As with the Westmorland Suite it is full of technology with lots of extras and thoughtful touches such as the lighting in the wardrobes. This suite is not as large as the Westmorland but is absolutely perfect for special occasions or that treat that you know you deserve. The rooms do not have air conditioning but all of the windows open which is nice when it is a warm night.

The lounge is wonderful in the autumn and winter when there is a roaring log fire and a cupboard full of board games or the library complete with books or DVD's that can be borrowed to watch in your room.

The dining room has just been refurbished and is lovely. Families with young children have their evening meal in the library and this as I know from experience is an excellent idea as you can enjoy your dinner and cater for the needs of your children in comfort without worrying about disturbing other guests. The food well my family, friends and I all agreed it would have to be 11 out of 10 it is absolutely divine. On a stay earlier int he year 2 of our party had special diets one gluten free and another dairy free. The staff could not have been more helpful and the chef a genius. We also had a 6 month old baby with us on that trip and again I have to say the staff without excecption were extremely helpful.

I have taken friends who speak very little English and this has not presented a problem to the staff.

The swimming pool is at a temperature that is comfortable for young children as well as adults and the steam room is very comfortable and relaxing, The aviary at the front of the house is lovely and a delight ot children and adults alike. The large grounds provide a pleasant walk and although there are some very steep slopes to navigate it is worth it. For those people who may have some difficulty with walking there is a very nice large garden area with plenty of tables and seating looking out on to the grounds and one area in particular with a lovely view of the lake.

I also found that during this stay the signal for my O2 phone was excellent wherever I was in the hotel. I should add the housekeeping staff are really helpful and it doesn't matter what you ask for nothing is too much trouble for the staff who really want every guest to have an enjoyable stay.

As with everything good there is always a down side and in this case it is having to leave so the best advice I can offer is do as we so and plan the date for a return visit before you leave :-)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent but if you have very young children I would suggest that you ask for...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Susan B
Thank you for your Lovely review of Lindeth Howe Country House what can I say apart from WOW it’s great to know that all team are making our guests feel so welcome when they come to stay at Lindeth Howe.
I have passed on you FABULOUS comment to all the team at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Tony Holden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#10 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield
#6 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Lindeth Howe? Share your experiences!