Bought my mum afternoon tea for two voucher from activity superstore for her birthday.
On arrival the hotel looked closed. After opening the front door we entered a hall and we were unsure what to do. There was no reception desk just an office.
We were told to sit in any room
When the waiter came he was polite and friendly but not very well informed about the entitlement of the voucher (going away twice to ask).
The food was very good and well presenred. Variey of sandwiches, crisps, fresh scones, brownies, tart, muffin and tirimisu shot.
My mum would have liked a fresh pot of tea but there was no one to ask and the waiter never checked to see if everything was alright.
After sitting for a long time we had to go back to the office to ask if they needed the voucher.
The kitchen staff are doing a good job, pity about the front of house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District