“Absolutely Brilliant - only the weather could have been improved”
Review of Lindeth Howe

Lindeth Howe
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Myself and my wife and her sister and husband took her mother to this hotel for a couple of nights as part of her 80th birthday celebrations. I can only say that this hotel is absolutely brilliant. The rooms were fantastic, really comfy beds and a great view, the foods was excellent, the breakfasts and dinners were superb and the staff were some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet - very professional and very helpful.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of luxury in the Lake District.

1  Thank Roywad
TonyHolden, Manager at Lindeth Howe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your fabulous review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, it’s great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
All at Lindeth Howe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night after booking a special offer break through Groupon.

We started with a light afternoon tea and then checked into our room which had a lovely view of the gardens and down towards the lake. Dinner was amazing. We had the 7 course taster menu which was exceptional, thoroughly enjoyed the stone bass in particular.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa O

Hello Melissa O
Thank you for your Lovely review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

For Christmas my daughter paid for us to have an overnight stop at this hotel, everything from first being greeted at the door was perfect. Very friendly staff, lovely room, comfy bed and superb food.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Totally agree with 'Theadewalsh' I've never tasted scones so good!

1  Thank Barbara H

Hello Barbara H
Thank you for your great review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend & I stayed for her birthday & everything (except dessert) was perfect, we arrived early & although our room wasn't ready, (we were 2 hours early) we were warmly invited in, we had afternoon tea in the lounge, the scone was simply the best I've ever had biscuity yet light, the room was lovely & when we went for our evening meal it was simply delightful, the starters, I had pigeon were beautiful, tasty, well presented & well balanced, the pork main course was superb, perfectly cooked with good textures & flavours. The desert was a little disappointing, croissant ice cream didnt taste of croissant & the caramel on the chocolate ganache was far too much & made the dessert sickly, this however didn't at all spoil what was simply a fantastic weekend, also the best wine I've drank for a long long time

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Theadewalsh
Thank you for your review of Lindeth Howe Hotel, i am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your full dinning experience with us and I have passed on your comments to Rob our Head Chef about your desserts. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Have stayed a few times at this hotel in the past and took advantage of the Travelzoo offer. The room we had was spacious and clean, the bed was really comfy with good quality bedding on it. We had a small afternoon tea near the real log fire which was lovely. The hotel was very quiet as it was the second weekend in January and it was great having the swimming pool area to ourselves. The dinner included with the deal was very nicely presented with canapés, amuse bouche and chocolates afterwards. Top marks to the service, the staff were very pleasant and professional. It was a lovely stay and well recommended .

1  Thank clairee21

Hello clairee21
Thank you for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe Hotel, i have passed on your kind comments to all at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I have just spent a 5 day break for Christmas at the Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. What a splendid time we had, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, everyone was couteous, the food was fabulous so were the surroundings. I would thoroughly recommend a stay there at any time of year. Thankyou everyone, see you again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvia J

Hello sylviaj
It’s great to hear that you have enjoyed your Christmas break with us at Lindeth Howe Hotel, i have passed on your lovely comments to all at the Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My husband recently treated me to a surprise weekend away at Lindeth Howe. We have been there a few times before and as usual everything was excellent. Room with a view of the lake, good food and a relaxed atmosphere. All the staff were very efficient and friendly

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for a room with a view