Myself and my wife and her sister and husband took her mother to this hotel for a couple of nights as part of her 80th birthday celebrations. I can only say that this hotel is absolutely brilliant. The rooms were fantastic, really comfy beds and a great view, the foods was excellent, the breakfasts and dinners were superb and the staff were some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet - very professional and very helpful.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of luxury in the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District