Staff is okay. They were very helpful and answered all my queries. Room is okay big for me and that's good with a nice view. But for £175 per night, not worth it. Location is fine if you want to stay away from the centre. Otherwise, it's a 1 mile walk. That's about it. Everything has a price here even the breakfast. As soon as I've arrived I was asked if I want to have dinner. Of course I want to have dinner! But the dinner costs £40! I may have wanted to go grab some food from the centre but it's just too far. Another thing, this place is for the oldies. I'm Asian (33y.o) and I received some curious/not-so-nice looks from the other guests. Not so comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District