Lindeth Howe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Linthwaite House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Pool
The Burn How Garden House Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
View Hotel
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Cranleigh Boutique(Bowness-on-Windermere)
Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
  • Restaurant
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
The Royal Hotel(Bowness-on-Windermere)
1,031 results
All reviewsbeatrix potterafternoon teatravelzoo voucherlovely hotelcountry house hotelcourse dinneron arrivallake districtsconessmall pooldeluxe roomturn down servicelog fireamuse bouchesuperb foodfine diningno lift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned from a one night stay. The hotel was as expected, plush and very welcoming. The lounge had a real fire and I can imagine in the winter would be a lovely place to be. The grounds were amazing with the rhodedendron bushes in flower. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful. My wife and I didn't have the evening meal as we were meeting friends in Windermere so the only food we had was breakfast which was a bit of a disappointment. The full English had the usual but only one sausage one rasher of bacon and the hash brown was inedible as it was completely dried out and the black pudding was burt black on one side. That said, I'd certainly return but might go for a different breakfast option.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Staff is okay. They were very helpful and answered all my queries. Room is okay big for me and that's good with a nice view. But for £175 per night, not worth it. Location is fine if you want to stay away from the centre. Otherwise, it's a 1 mile walk. That's about it. Everything has a price here even the breakfast. As soon as I've arrived I was asked if I want to have dinner. Of course I want to have dinner! But the dinner costs £40! I may have wanted to go grab some food from the centre but it's just too far. Another thing, this place is for the oldies. I'm Asian (33y.o) and I received some curious/not-so-nice looks from the other guests. Not so comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just before the easter holidays, we stayed 1 night. The staff had no mind of service, no help.
With the price of 170 GBP, the room was very small and could view roofs only. Upon our request changing the room with a good view, the staff repeatedly said that "you should pay 50 GBP more." This hotel advertisement seems quite misleading. Visitors should prepare to pay extra(84 USD) to get a decent room upon arrival. This hotel doesn't worth the reputation.

Room Tip: Travellers need to pay extra USD 84 to get a good room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank byoung hoon l
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here with my sister for three nights in a beautiful corner room with lovely views of the gardens and lake Windermere. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Liz whom nothing was too much trouble. Nice spacious room and spotlessly clean.
Food good, even had my own veggie menu. Tea and scones in the garden on a lovely sunny afternoon was rather nice as Beatrix Potter would have done so with her Mother 100 years ago. Interesting photos around the house of the Potter family, make it a really special place to stay.
Would definitely recommend .

Room Tip: Upgrade to Lakeside Room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our second visit to
Lindeth Howe and it doesn't disappoint. Beautiful rooms, fabulous service. The amazing food is served with the back drop of a pianist. Not our first visit and certainly will
Not be our last. Worth upgrading your room for a small fee, the views are wonderful.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for the upgraded room. Fabulous space and facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple