Have just got home from an overnight break at Lindeth Howe. What a lovely hotel. Set in beautiful gardens with lovely trees through which you get glimpse of Lake Windermere. Very peaceful and serene. The reception staff were excellent and the waiting on staff good.
The room had a view over the lake, was beautifully decorated, very clean and extremely comfortable. We shared an afternoon tea out on the lawn which was lovely and then we headed for the indoor pool. Lucky for us we had the place to ourselves and we enjoyed an hour bobbing about in the water and admiring the fantastic mural painted around the 4 walls.
The dinning room is large and again very tastefully decorated. We decided on the taster menu which was about 6-7 courses and was delicious. The soft boiled crispy egg was a masterpiece! Followed by king scallops, fillet of beef, a morsel of cheese and an assiette of desserts and concluded with coffee and petit fours. The wine list was good with some interesting wines that we enjoyed sampling!
Breakfast was excellent - one of the best cooked kippers I have ever had (they are so often ruined by over cooking!).
All in all a great place to have a quiet and relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. As of January 2nd 2018, Lindeth Howe will no longer have any leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindeth Howe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District