Cannot fault either the hotel, service or food. As far as we were concerned it was one of the best short breaks we have had. We started with afternoon tea in the garden and then had a walk into Bowness. We followed this with a swim in the pool to build up an appetite for our meal in the evening. The staff could not do enough for us and it was an exercise in trying to decide which country they hailed from - Spain, France, Poland, etc. We enjoyed talking to them and hearing that they were all trying to improve their English which we thought was good anyway. Our evening meal and breakfast the following morning were excellent. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy a break in the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District