We stayed at Lindeth Howe on 7th March for one evening and to be honest it was the most beautiful English Hotel I have stayed and eaten in. On arrival we had to wait a little while for attention but this wasnt too bad. We booked via Late Rooms and had a dinner bed and breakfast package. We booked a superior room and got the honeymoon suite room 204 it was stunning. The bed was big enough for 4 !. The hotel was immaculately clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. My only recmmendation would be a lift !!.
The dinner was fanatastic I had the fillet of beef and it cut like a knife through butter my husband had the venison and it was beautiful. The winter dessert trio was to die for, the mulled wine jelly and creme brulee mmmmm, need I say more. Our bed was turned down for us with a chocolate on the pillow, very quaint but so nice to be spoilt. Breakfast was also a lovely experience with hot food and enough toast tea and coffee for all. I would heartily recommend this hotel for all food lovers and also for the special romantic retreat for two, so much we have booked for our wedding anniversary in August in the same room if you get chance leave the kids at home and have that romantic break you deserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District