Short break of only 2 nights.
Check in was efficient with the form already completed with data given at time of booking.
The room was spacious with views over the small duck pond and the Mountain Goat van park.
The package we booked included a bottle of wine and having chose red at the time of check in was somewhat surprised to have it delivered to the room. Felt like an alcoholic carrying my own bottle down to dinner!
I fancied a beer after travelling but to find someone to serve was a challenge and my wife had time to unpack and make tea by the time I returned.
Dinner was "OK" and did not quite deliver the expectation sown by the menu and previous comments. Portions are the norm for modern restaurants with a smear here and a morcel of veg hidden by the main event. We like lots of veg so we ordered extra, an option on the menu, but the veg was watery and bland.
My wife ordered beef the second night and asked for it to be re-cooked as it was tough, perhaps the cut? I had ballatine of chicken which was very tasty let down by the veg.
There are a couple of places where the wallpaper was beginning to depart from the wall at the seams in the dining room and some of the grouting in our bathroom had cracked and fallen out.
The staff were friendly and attentive but do not want a drink quickly if outside expected hours.
There are lovely open fires in the bar and lounge and the hotel is well situated for touring the Southern Lakes.
It was good value overall and would return if the same package was available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District