My partner, my teenage son and myself stayed here for 1 night as we had a wedding across the road. Now I like to write reviews as being a non complainer and I like to give a proper honest review. We booked this last minute after reading reviews in 1 already booked and being put off. So we cancelled and booked this having fantastic reviews.
We got there a little early for check in but our room was not ready as we expected. we were allowed to park outside our challet ready though. And the lovely cleaning guys did offer to clean our room imediately si we could get in but we were in no rush.
Location is great. Rooms very big where you can sleep a family of 5 in proper beds. 1 double, 1 single and bunk beds. Beds so comfy where I didn't want to get up in the morning.
Now for the negative part :( which I don't like to write. I was looking forward in the morning for the so called award winning breakfast. We all ordered the same breakfast (which shouldn't be difficult). 1 of us was missing sausage another was missing bacon 1 was missing fried bread and 1 of us got 1 egg while others got 2 eggs. Was almost like 1 breakfast and they split it between 3. Then you feel bad saying where's my sausage oh and where's my bread etc etc. (well i do anyway as i said i hate to complain and have people rally riund after me feeling like a nuisance).
I understand people like there eggs cooked differently especially being an ex chef myself but my egg was raw. Oh I like my egg runny but the white was Like jelly and I just couldn't eat it! My bacon was so crispy it snapped when I cut it (very over cooked) mushrooms a little tasteless. Was very upset after hearing it had won an award. Again I barely ever complain and love my food when others complain.
The fruit juice was nice and so was the tea. There seemed to be a good selection of fruit available and some cinnamon swirls to choose from.
My partner enjoyed but then he was enjoying the sausage that myself and son didn't get to try. I'm sorry but my breakfast was pants!
The waiters and waitresses were very nice and brought you extra toast if needed.
Overall all its a great place to stay and I probably will stay here again due to the nice spacious clean rooms and location. If I'd have had a good breakfast I'd say the price was good for 1 night.
So please don't be put off by my review, I only wanted to be honest. I just hope next time I can give it an excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique Lake District hotel only two minutes stroll from Lake Windermere and the village of Bowness, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. The Burn How's unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us. For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £35.00 Per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens. Shoppers and browsers will delight in the speciality stores and attractions in nearby Windermere and Bowness. Whilst a drive over the Hard Knott pass is for the courageous with its 1 in 3 and 2.5 Gradients - but the views are spectacular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Burn How Garden House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burn How Hotel
- Best Western Bowness On Windermere
- Bowness-On-Windermere Best Western
- The Burn How Garden House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District