Stayed for another lovely weekend at the Burn How Hotel. We had a garden chalet which was spacious, comfortable and well appointed with parking just outside. Ate dinner in the excellent restaurant on Friday and Saturday - delicious, with local ingredients. The breakfasts are simply outstanding, and the welcome is always very warm and friendly. Bowness is a good spot from which to explore the Lake District. Will definitely be returning for another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique Lake District hotel only two minutes stroll from Lake Windermere and the village of Bowness, is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. The Burn How's unique layout is refreshingly different to most hotels; all of the bedrooms are located outside of the main building within the private grounds making the stay peaceful and relaxing for the discerning guest. You can take picturesque walks from the hotel, or cruise on Lake Windermere, and if you take the Post Knott walk and you find the hotels bench, bring back the inscription and you will have a drink on us. For the shopping magnets find a special Lakeland gift in the village only two minutes walk away. On your return from a full day, relax and meet friends or family in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar, or on pleasant summers evening sit out on the patio and take in the beautiful surroundings. Relax in the comfort of your room choosing from modern chalet style to four poster or traditional bedrooms. Most have private sun terraces. All have ensuite bathrooms, colour televisions, telephones and hot beverages. Rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the rose garden and patio, with some having disabled facilities. There is ample free parking available. Experience English and French Cuisine made only from the freshest produce and served in the style in which Burn How Garden House Hotel is famous. Three courses and coffee is around £35.00 Per person. At the end of the day relax with family and friends in the congenial atmosphere of the lounge and bar or on a pleasant summers evening take in the beautiful surroundings of the patio and gardens. Shoppers and browsers will delight in the speciality stores and attractions in nearby Windermere and Bowness. Whilst a drive over the Hard Knott pass is for the courageous with its 1 in 3 and 2.5 Gradients - but the views are spectacular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Burn How Garden House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burn How Hotel
- Best Western Bowness On Windermere
- Bowness-On-Windermere Best Western
- The Burn How Garden House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District