“Superb food, ditzy service”

St Martins Tea Room & Grill
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
“Superb food, ditzy service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We came here with our dog & sat outside after a long-ish walk. After waiting a few minutes, we went inside to order at the counter to be told that the waitress would come to take our order, after several more minutes the waitress came to take our order. The waitress didn't seem to take in what we'd ordered, she asked my partner twice whether he wanted his sandwich on white or brown bread, and forgot completely to ask whether I wanted white or brown toast (she come to check after we'd placed the order). The hot drinks arrived without milk, she confirmed that I wanted milk with my tea, then waited until after she'd brought the food out to bring the milk.

On a separate note, the food was fabulous, well presented & the portions were generous. The homebaked Belgian chocolate shortbread was delicious, as was the sandwich which came with crips, salad & fabulous homemade coleslaw.

I put the service down to the waitress having an off-day...we all have them, me more than most. The other staff seemed very attentive & friendly and the food was very reasonably priced for the portion size. We'd definitely return to this little gem, just off the beaten track in Bowness!

• Visited June 2014

Eastrington
“Great tea rooms”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

we had a very nice lunch followed by coffee with scones, homemade strawberry jam and clotted cream. Thank you for baking my wife some fruitless scones they were definately worth the wait.

Relaxed friendly atmosphere would definitely recommend.

Melbourne, Australia
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went here for lunch after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We sat outside and waited to be served whilst a couple of the staff stood at the counter chatting amongst themselves. We both ordered toasted ham and tomato sandwiches. The ham was so salty we could hardly eat it and it didn't look very fresh. We had to wait to pay at the counter.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Penny S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Superb Late Lunch”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After a long morning we popped in for a late lunch as we were both hungry, we arrived to hear the owners apologising to other customers for not speaking to them as they had been so busy. We ordered a Cheese and red onion toastie and a Chicken Wrap, the owners were rushing around tidying up and cleaning tables whilst still making time to talk to the remaining customers.

When our food arrived we couldn't believe our eyes, generous portions and well presented. The food was excellent and couldn't have asked for more. In fact I was disappointed that the portions were so big as I didn't have room to try any of the excellent looking cakes for sale. I would fully recommend this Tea room to anyone who is in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Northwich cheshire
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was the second time we have eaten here, the food is excellent and presented beautifully. I had the tuna melt toastie (yummy) , we also had the carrot cake which they said was homemade but it looked and tasted like the ones I buy from Costo regular. If they did make it well done to the chef it was delicious

• Visited May 2014