“Perfect for a rainy day”

The Fun Factory Bowness
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently opened as "The Fun Factory" Bowness. We are open every day from 10am to 6pm. Parents can relax on our soft sofas whilst overlooking magnificent views of Lake Windermere, whist your children let off steam in the soft play area. Cafe Dolce is also opened daily serving a variety of hot beverages cakes and snacks.
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

During our week long holiday in the Lake District it rained a fair bit so we needed a place to entertain our 3 yr old and 16 month old. The Fun Factory was perfect. I would say its great for 12 months to 8 years. The staff were very helpful and te entry prices for the girls were wry reasonable. Half the price of the places back home. The tea and snacks were good and also good value.

1  Thank Annatev
"fun area"
"paninis"
"large coffee"
in 2 reviews
"lovely view of the lake"
"older kids"
"few hours"
"softplay"
"superlative"

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have been coming here when we are in the area on holiday, for a few years now. It's clean, and our kids (now 6 and 4) love it....which is the most important thing!

We always manage to get a comfy sofa next to the huge windows overlooking Bowness marina. Cafe Dolce now run the coffee shop, and the coffees, light meals and cakes etc are always lovely.

The staff are always very friendly, even though they are always very busy. Constantly serving, clearing tables and hoovering with a hand held vacuum - they never stop!

Well worth a visit on a cold or rainy day, or just if you fancy putting your feet up for an hour or so with a coffee and slice of cake, while the kids run themselves silly! Fabulous views too :-)

1  Thank Pidge_Pooh
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have visited here several times with our two year old son. We are able to relax in comfortable surroundings knowing our son is enjoying himself and safe. This place gets really busy so probably better to go first or last thing.

1  Thank adambird
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I agree with edge windermere! It was clearly a busy summers day and this guy had a cob on!! I think some people seriously need to realise that they arnt the only customers in the building and to have a little patience when they can see the girls are busy.... They work hard and try their best to multitask between 3 tills, cleaning tables, letting people in and out, cooking and serving ice cream.... Amongst other duties. I never see the girls standing doing nothing and texting on their phones and they are always pleasant to customers..... i often hear the odd customer snapping at them for the most shallow reasons and to be honest...... I would defend myself too if i was being spoken to like a child!!! i am a local customer who uses this facility on a regular basis, it's great value, fab for the kids and I get to relax.... Whilst looking at the fabulous views with a nice hot chocolate. At the end of the day, as long as the children are happy.... Surely parents are too!! But this doesn't seem to be the case in some people's self important lives! Hats off to the hard working girls who do a wonderful job, you deserve medals..... Not nasty comments!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I can't help think that this reviewer is paranoid!
This place is cheap and cheerful and the staff are really helpful. I can't think of a cheaper kids play area anywhere!!
Why would you down rate somewhere because you think the staff don't like you? Strange. It seems like the single dad is a bit upset as none of the pretty girls that work there noticed him.
I think any woman would give a great deal of credit and respect to any man that's decent enough to be a good dad, what's your point?
Its fast paced in a catering environment I can't help thinking that your a ditherer and couldn't make up your mind to what you wanted from them. These people have to run up and down to reception quite a way away from the kitchen serving area and multi task between three different jobs and for a small place with minimum staff its not easy but i take it you don't notice anything apart from what's happening to you hence its probably why you are a single person.
I go in here all the time as I am local and I see how busy they are and I also see when people are just not prepared to wait for anything.