“Horrendous”

The Fun Factory Bowness
More attraction details
Owner description: Recently opened as "The Fun Factory" Bowness. We are open every day from 10am to 6pm. Parents can relax on our soft sofas whilst overlooking magnificent views of Lake Windermere, whist your children let off steam in the soft play area. Cafe Dolce is also opened daily serving a variety of hot beverages cakes and snacks.
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Horrendous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I have just been kicked out of this place ! I took my 2 children in here as it had had good reviews and we were on the last day of our holiday , we went in and the lady at the desk wasn't very chatty but we all have our bad days so that's fine , we paid and signed in our 2 kids , we walked through and found the seating and took the kids shoes off so they could play -and off they went . Myself and my husband sat down then I ordered drinks etc , about 15 minutes in I went to the toilet and to check on the children and when I returned there was a member of staff asking my husband if my daughter had chicken pox , he quite rightly replied "no but she had had them a few weeks ago " at which point we were asked to leave ! I explained to the lady (whilst my daughter was with me so she could see what I was saying ) that my daughter had had them a few weeks ago and they were gone however she still had some scabs on her forehead as they had been quite bad on her face and she had scratched them a lot as she was only 2 , I also explained we had had her cleared by the doctor to return to nursery so she was defiantly fine ( I am a mum and I wouldn't take my daughter out to a play arm if she was infectious ) she said the rules say you can not come in if you have chicken pox , again I explained she no longer had chicken pox - you wouldn't stop a child coming in who had scabs on her from falling over , there were kids in there with snotty noses sneezing and coughing everywhere which they had no problems with and I understand if she had just got them or had blisters etc but this was clearly not the case. When I then said that we would leave she then told me it was ok for us to finish our drinks and food which we had only just got ? -I asked her why it was ok and she was happy for us to stay and drink and eat then leave ? To which she couldn't answer .
Needless to say all this would have taken was a bit of a polite conversation , observation and common seance from the staff but they seem not to have any of that ( if you actually looked at my daughter you could clearly see this was very old chicken pox )
I will not be returning this this place and now have very upset children !

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Simcat08

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect for a rainy day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

During our week long holiday in the Lake District it rained a fair bit so we needed a place to entertain our 3 yr old and 16 month old. The Fun Factory was perfect. I would say its great for 12 months to 8 years. The staff were very helpful and te entry prices for the girls were wry reasonable. Half the price of the places back home. The tea and snacks were good and also good value.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Annatev
North East UK
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have been coming here when we are in the area on holiday, for a few years now. It's clean, and our kids (now 6 and 4) love it....which is the most important thing!

We always manage to get a comfy sofa next to the huge windows overlooking Bowness marina. Cafe Dolce now run the coffee shop, and the coffees, light meals and cakes etc are always lovely.

The staff are always very friendly, even though they are always very busy. Constantly serving, clearing tables and hoovering with a hand held vacuum - they never stop!

Well worth a visit on a cold or rainy day, or just if you fancy putting your feet up for an hour or so with a coffee and slice of cake, while the kids run themselves silly! Fabulous views too :-)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Pidge_Pooh
Rotherham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Happy child = Relaxed parents”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have visited here several times with our two year old son. We are able to relax in comfortable surroundings knowing our son is enjoying himself and safe. This place gets really busy so probably better to go first or last thing.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank adambird
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous setting & hard working staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I agree with edge windermere! It was clearly a busy summers day and this guy had a cob on!! I think some people seriously need to realise that they arnt the only customers in the building and to have a little patience when they can see the girls are busy.... They work hard and try their best to multitask between 3 tills, cleaning tables, letting people in and out, cooking and serving ice cream.... Amongst other duties. I never see the girls standing doing nothing and texting on their phones and they are always pleasant to customers..... i often hear the odd customer snapping at them for the most shallow reasons and to be honest...... I would defend myself too if i was being spoken to like a child!!! i am a local customer who uses this facility on a regular basis, it's great value, fab for the kids and I get to relax.... Whilst looking at the fabulous views with a nice hot chocolate. At the end of the day, as long as the children are happy.... Surely parents are too!! But this doesn't seem to be the case in some people's self important lives! Hats off to the hard working girls who do a wonderful job, you deserve medals..... Not nasty comments!!!