We have just returned from a lovely stay at Blenheim Lodge whose proprietors couldn't do enough for us, either making us a brew on arrival ( with bourbon biscuits ! ) or offering to fix up a thermos for our walk to Hawkshead in wintry conditions. The room was comfy, clean and warm with a great shower ( just the ticket after our exertions ) with kettle, hair dryer and TV. There was plenty of choice for a tasty breakfast served in a lovely room, we'd recommend trying to get a seat near the window where you can watch the birds tuck in while you do, for those interested we saw green & goldfinches, chaffinches, dunnocks, robins, nuthatch, blue, great & coal tits, we could've watched them for hours. There was ample parking and being only 5-8mins away from the town centre, ideally situated. Would we recommend staying here ? Yes, definitely as we hope to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STUNNING VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM: Blenheim Lodge B and B sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park and boasts spectacular Lake Windermere and fell views. QUIET LOCATION AND DALES WAY WALK: Nestled in peaceful countryside, our Lake District Bed and Breakfast adjoins National Trust acres, only a minute's stroll to The Dales Way Walk leading to 4 panoramic viewpoints. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Hidden at the end of a cul-de-sac, Blenheim Lodge is a quiet retreat tucked away from noisy main road traffic, crowds, and late night revelers, but only a 5-minute walk to the amenities and attractions of Bowness centre and Lake Windermere, offering the best of both worlds with relaxing accommodation combined with stunning views. COMFY BEDS: Guests can be assured of a restful night's sleep with our bespoke beds, most with deep pocket sprung mattresses topped with plump pillows and fluffy duvets. LOCAL PRODUCE: Blenheim Lodge serves quality hearty butcher-made sausage and bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh milk and eggs daily. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STAY: Blenheim Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast, but we are more than happy to act as concierge where we can assist. Feel free to ask help with transport, guiding for hikes and angling; romantic escapes; dinner arrangements; etc. FREEBIES: We offer 2 free local fishing permits and have outside taps for walkers and anglers to clean their boots, fish and fishing tackle! There is also free WIFI and a private on-site car park. SPECIAL OFFERS: Please contact us DIRECT for any special deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Blenheim Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Blenheim Lodge Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District