My partner and I had just completed the Dales Way so after all that walking we were so pleased to be greeted very warmly by Janz who gave us tea and biscuits in the sitting room which has a stunning view over the lake. Our room was lovely with a four poster bed. As it had a shower and we were both desperate to soak our aching limbs, we were so grateful when Janz offered us the bath in one of the rooms not being used. Breakfast was really nice and the location of the hotel is excellent being on a hill away from the busy town centre but very close to restaurants and shops and with fabulous views. We were made extremely welcome and had a very enjoyable two nights there. If you're planning to stay in Bowness we recommend Blenheim Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STUNNING VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM: Blenheim Lodge B and B sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park and boasts spectacular Lake Windermere and fell views. QUIET LOCATION AND DALES WAY WALK: Nestled in peaceful countryside, our Lake District Bed and Breakfast adjoins National Trust acres, only a minute's stroll to The Dales Way Walk leading to 4 panoramic viewpoints. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Hidden at the end of a cul-de-sac, Blenheim Lodge is a quiet retreat tucked away from noisy main road traffic, crowds, and late night revelers, but only a 5-minute walk to the amenities and attractions of Bowness centre and Lake Windermere, offering the best of both worlds with relaxing accommodation combined with stunning views. COMFY BEDS: Guests can be assured of a restful night's sleep with our bespoke beds, most with deep pocket sprung mattresses topped with plump pillows and fluffy duvets. LOCAL PRODUCE: Blenheim Lodge serves quality hearty butcher-made sausage and bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh milk and eggs daily. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STAY: Blenheim Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast, but we are more than happy to act as concierge where we can assist. Feel free to ask help with transport, guiding for hikes and angling; romantic escapes; dinner arrangements; etc. FREEBIES: We offer 2 free local fishing permits and have outside taps for walkers and anglers to clean their boots, fish and fishing tackle! There is also free WIFI and a private on-site car park. SPECIAL OFFERS: Please contact us DIRECT for any special deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Blenheim Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Blenheim Lodge Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District