As soon as we rang the bell, Robert opened door and greeted my wife by name. The host's personal welcome during that initial split-second set the tone for the whole 5 days' stay.
The location has been described adequately. Some seem to have found the street leading to BL rather steep. I am unfit and middle aged but even after a late evening snack down at the Hylton's, I had no difficulty crawling up at all ! Because it is up on a hill, the views are unrivalled. And I knew that it was on a hill because research before I left home revealed that the word Blenheim ( two words joined into one) mean the house at the summit in the Cumbrian language.
We used BL as a base to drive around the Lake District - there is so much to explore and we left out so much ! We need to return - and this time concentrate on some (easy ) walks.
Robert and Janz really know the area and directed us every morning (Janz also knows ALL about the shopping in Bowness and Windermere ! ).
Breakfast: menu and time are written the evening before. When you come down at the appointed time there is no waiting. The quality of the hand-picked ingredients and the way all was cooked to our individual taste was the best start for the day. The memory of it all makes my mouth water even as I'm writing this.
The furniture: I hate mass-produced hotel room furniture. I love genuine antiques and my wife particularly likes four-poster beds. We were both satisfied 100%. Private Facilities were 100% modern of course !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- STUNNING VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM: Blenheim Lodge B and B sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park and boasts spectacular Lake Windermere and fell views. QUIET LOCATION AND DALES WAY WALK: Nestled in peaceful countryside, our Lake District Bed and Breakfast adjoins National Trust acres, only a minute's stroll to The Dales Way Walk leading to 4 panoramic viewpoints. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: Hidden at the end of a cul-de-sac, Blenheim Lodge is a quiet retreat tucked away from noisy main road traffic, crowds, and late night revelers, but only a 5-minute walk to the amenities and attractions of Bowness centre and Lake Windermere, offering the best of both worlds with relaxing accommodation combined with stunning views. COMFY BEDS: Guests can be assured of a restful night's sleep with our bespoke beds, most with deep pocket sprung mattresses topped with plump pillows and fluffy duvets. LOCAL PRODUCE: Blenheim Lodge serves quality hearty butcher-made sausage and bacon. A local dairy delivers fresh milk and eggs daily. MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STAY: Blenheim Lodge is a Bed and Breakfast, but we are more than happy to act as concierge where we can assist. Feel free to ask help with transport, guiding for hikes and angling; romantic escapes; dinner arrangements; etc. FREEBIES: We offer 2 free local fishing permits and have outside taps for walkers and anglers to clean their boots, fish and fishing tackle! There is also free WIFI and a private on-site car park. SPECIAL OFFERS: Please contact us DIRECT for any special deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, SpeedyBooker.com and LateRooms so you can book your Blenheim Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Blenheim Lodge Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District