We have just had a 2 night stay with friends to celebrate my husbands birthday. After reading some of the reviews i was expecting rude, inattentive staff...how wrong. From the moment we arrived without exception, all the staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble even when they had a large wedding party on the Saturday.
We stayed in room 5 which had beautiful views over the lake and a huge bathroom with a roll top bath there was a expresso machine as well as complimentary water and tea.
Afternoon tea was wonderful and the evening 5 course meal was fantastic...the octopus was sensational.
We had the pleasure of meeting the chef who explained that the octopus was boiled for 17 hours and it was obvious that he had a real passion for food.
As mentioned previously all the staff were wonderful and work extremely hard and I am sorry I cant name them all individually..but a special thanks to Fred who is so thoughtful and charming.We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star hotel, 30 bedrooms & 9 self catering lodges set in 17 acres of grounds on the shores of Lake Windermere with a Three AA Rosette award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Storrs Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Hall Hotel Windermere
- Hotel Storrs Hall
- Storrs Hall Windermere
- Storrs Hall Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District