We had a great two day stay at Storrs Hall, the hotel is such a unique location. It's not new by any means, so expect some creaking floors and drafty windows, but this is all part of its charm. The staff is so available that they never seem to leave!
Breakfast is excellent, a nice cold buffet followed by a cooked to order hot breakfast. Very good, with excellent views over the lake.
You absolutely must take afternoon tea at least one day, find a spot in the library by the fire and enjoy and excellent selection of sandwiches, pastry, and scones.
We ate dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was quite good, don't expect huge portions but there are many courses and the flavors and tastes were excellent.
Only one minor misstep that was quickly remedied, but perhaps as a recommendation to the management a book of bar cocktails for the staff might be useful for those of us that appreciate a martini (Gin & Dry Vermouth w/Olives :-) ) before dinner! Straight Martini vermouth in a glass is quite an unpleasant surprise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star hotel, 30 bedrooms & 9 self catering lodges set in 17 acres of grounds on the shores of Lake Windermere with a Two AA Rosette award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Storrs Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Hall Hotel Windermere
- Hotel Storrs Hall
- Storrs Hall Windermere
- Storrs Hall Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District