My husband, son and I stayed in this gem of a B & B just one night and were only sorry we couldn't stay longer. The two rooms we had were beautifully furnished and maintained. Quality linens everywhere, and spotlessly clean. Everything looked brand new. We had lovely views of the surrounding countryside (eg cows in the meadows) and our son had a glimpse of Lake Windermere from his room. Ian and Christine were the perfect hosts - they recommended and booked us a great restaurant for dinner, and cooked us a delicious breakfast the next day. Just a short, relaxing walk to Bowness-on-Windermere. This is definitely the place to stay when you visit the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair Rigg is a beautiful period guest house in Bowness on Windermere, where Richard and Christine provide high quality, comfortable and stylish accommodation. Relax and enjoy comfortable beds in well appointed, spacious rooms with Period features and all with large en-suite bathrooms, mostly with baths. Home-made breakfasts and a warm welcome await you in the lovely surroundings of The Lake District National Park. We have free private off-road parking on site for all guests, one space for each room. Special Offers always shown on TripAdvisor and on our own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Fair Rigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair Rigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Fair Rigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District