Spotlessly clean, freshly-decorated, warm, quiet, very comfortable and friendly guest house just outside the town. Our room, second floor double, had views over a field and trees up the lake towards Windermere. The bed was comfortable with soft sheets and plenty of covers if it had been cold and the room was large with a sofa so we could use it like a sitting room too. The breakfast choice was extensive, plentiful and beautifully cooked. We had smoked haddock most days - very good. Christine and Ian were very helpful and full of tips for places to eat in the town. We would definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair Rigg is a beautiful period guest house in Bowness on Windermere, where Richard and Christine provide high quality, comfortable and stylish accommodation. Relax and enjoy comfortable beds in well appointed, spacious rooms with Period features and all with large en-suite bathrooms, mostly with baths. Home-made breakfasts and a warm welcome await you in the lovely surroundings of The Lake District National Park. We have free private off-road parking on site for all guests, one space for each room. Special Offers always shown on TripAdvisor and on our own website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Fair Rigg Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair Rigg Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Fair Rigg Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District